I’m Emily, the Mid-Century Modern Mommy. I’m a homeschool mom of 8 and a modern-day ’50s housewife.
Here at Mid-Century Modern Mommy, moms and housewives, homeschooling or not, can learn how to live their best life through the 5 Pillars of Being a Vintage Housewife and vintage ideas, advice, and inspiration.
The 5 Pillars of Being a Vintage Housewife
A vintage housewife works to:
1. Create a clean, comfortable, company-ready home.
2. Prepare and serve 3 tasty, attractive, nutritious square meals a day on a carefully-set table.
3. Make home life as relaxing and supportive as possible so that the breadwinner can succeed in providing for the family to the best of his abilities.
4. Show pride in being a Mrs. by putting effort into your appearance and manner, becoming a woman of distinction.
5. Raise children to be healthy, respectful, well-mannered, well-educated, hard-working citizens.